Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Good Pain


“We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.” - Kenji Miyazawa


One of the things you learn when you start CrossFit is you will never reach a place where your fitness can't improve. You learn to become attached to, and even embrace, the soreness and the pain, because that is the affirmation that your body is evolving. Last week, sitting at home on my butt, I wasn't sore and it depressed me because I knew my body wasn't being challenged. It requires a deeper level of being in tune with your own body to differentiate between what is good pain and bad pain. Embrace the good pain and respect the bad pain so you can find a healthy balance. Today, I'm in the good pain and I feel alive and aware of my body.

Not to mention, my head is in a far better space. Not working out, it's depressing, man.


yes!

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I have a question about your blog, could you please email me? Thanks!!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete